CITY OF BAKER ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN: GOAL 1
To build a strong relationship with area businesses in an effort to improve the cultural and economic interests of the community. The city will partner with the chamber of commerce to target existing businesses on Hwy 19, Plank Road and Groom Road. This partnership will also aid in attracting new businesses and jobs to the City of Baker.
Phase 1 Action Items:
- Re-establish the communication between the chamber of commerce,the city, and local business owners.
- Rebuild the chamber of commerce's membership base.
- Expand the vision of Team City to include more residents and community involvement.
- Partner with Southern University's LSBDC to provide the essential information and support needed to optimize each local business.
- Create an economic development committee that will welcome new businesses and render ideas/recommendations for future growth.
- Create a business magazine to market the chamber and local businesses.
- Start a social media page for the city (Facebook, Twitter)
- Create a welcome packet for all new residents
- Develop a marketing plan encouraging local citizens to "Shop Baker First"
- Host Main Street association events (August 29, 2013)
- Host business breakfast meetings (September 5, 2013)